Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rough Day



Friday was a rough day for the Kenworthy household (or a "ruff day" in Maggie's case). It all started with a trip to the doctor for my four month check up. I got my second round of immunizations (the same ones that I got at two months and had zero reaction to). Although I screamed like mad when they stuck me with needles, I seemed to be doing okay a few minutes after, so Mom went ahead and took me to daycare and headed to work. In the meantime, Dad stopped by home after my doctor's appointment only to find a swollen-faced Maggie. Apparently, she had eaten either a spider or a bee (no surprise, since Fat Maggie eats everything) and had an allergic reaction. So, Dad had to drop her off at the vet for cortizone shots and observation. They told him later that she was so nervous she wouldn't eat a thing, which means that she was really nervous! Thankfully she was all better when Dad picked her up at the end of the day.


I, on the other hand, was not doing so well. Mom got a call from daycare in the mid-afternoon to let her know that I was screaming like crazy (I know, that's what some babies do sometimes, but not I. I am a very good baby normally, so this was very out of character for me). So, Mom came to pick me up and take me home. For the next 6 hours or so, I continued my screaming fit, and still had a high fever, which continued to go up, even after Tylenol and a tepid bath. So Mom and Dad called the doctor on call, who told them to go ahead and take me into the ER (just how we all wanted to spend our Friday night). Because my temp continued to increase in the hospital (and I am recovering from a cold and ear infection), the doctor had to do a chest x-ray. This was not fun, but I did okay. And, the good news was I did not have pneumonia...just a bad reaction to a vaccine.

Here I am the next day doing much better.

And Maggie is too!

No comments: