Monday, August 1, 2011

Gift from the womb


When discussing the idea of getting Nolan a gift "from the twins" one evening, my mom, who does anything and everything for both her children and grandchildren (thanks Mom!), said "They should get him a swing set."  I was thinking something that could actually be carried to the hospital without having bionic strength.  However, after Nolan himself said many times that he needed a swing set at his house I agreed to the idea.  So, we had it installed one day while I was working from home (this was a frequent occurrence towards the end of my pregnancy for several reasons, including my ridiculous wardrobe - tent-like dresses and flip flops two sizes too big to accommodate my marshmallow feet, my immobility, and my overall lack of motivation to move very far from my house in 100 degree weather).  He came home from school to discover his surprise from the twins, who were still in the womb at the time.  I was a bit concerned that he would figure out that the twins really couldn't see the outside world whilst in utero and, therefore, had nothing to do with picking out the swing set.  However, he seemed to believe us. (Later I discovered that when asked who got him the swing set he immediately responded with "grandma."  He's too smart for his own good sometimes.)  Either way, Nolan is thrilled with the new addition to the back yard.




No comments: