Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day out with Thomas

Thomas made a special trip all the way from the Island of Sodor to Connersville, Indiana just to see me. Well, me and a couple thousand other kids.

I was very excited, but still waited very patiently for my turn to ride on one of Thomas' coach cars. Unfortunately, my genius of a mother chose to purchase tickets for one of the hottest days of the year thus far, so waiting in the sun was not easy.

But finally Thomas arrived.

When all of the other passengers had gotten off, the train conductor came out and yelled "All aboard!" (You will now frequently hear me yell this when any reference is made to trains.)

The train cars we rode on were very old and made before the days of AC, so we decided to move out of the direct sunlight shortly after this picture was taken to the other side of the train car.


I listened to all of the train conductor's instructions very closely, including the one about all adults being required to have an accompanying child. It's a good thing Mommy and Daddy thought to bring me along.

(On a side note, Mommy apologizes for the horrible quality of these pictures. She accidentally had her camera set on a very high ISO setting, which makes pictures grainy, so some of them are now in B&W.)



This is my "Mom, please stop taking my picture" face.



Finally the train got moving. This tends to be my typical expression during any activity on moving vehicle, carousel, etc. Any outsider observing would likely think I was indifferent to what was going on, but once the ride stops I start screaming that I want to go again.



After the train ride, there was an opportunity to take pictures with Thomas. Given the fact that my mother's photographic skills are severely lacking, we decided to purchase the picture offered by the professional photographers, which turned out much better than this one.



I also got to meet Sir Topham Hatt. Can you tell how excited I was?



They had all sorts of train themed activities for us kiddos, including this caterpillar-like ride.



Yet another example of my less than obvious enthusiasm while riding on a ride. In my defense, however, it was then end of a long 3 hours in the humid 90 + degree weather. That didn't stop me from having a great time though. Thanks Thomas! See you next year!

No comments: