
Daddy ran his first full marathon in Traverse City this past Saturday. He ran it with Team in Training, and raised lots of money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Mommy and I went out to cheer him on along the course and surprised him with special t-shirts that we had made. Her's said "Run Todd Run" (no idea who this Todd guy is), and mine said "Go Daddy Go." We both had "Go Team" on the back.

I waited patiently at mile 19 for Daddy and cheered on the other runners. I followed Mommy's instructions and yelled "Go Team!" whenever I saw a purple shirt. I told the people without a purple shirt "Good Job Runners!"

The finally, I saw Daddy!! I was so excited to see him that I started jumping up and down and cheering. I think he was excited to see me too.

Wait Daddy! I'm coming!

Next it was on to mile 23, where Daddy was still looking strong. I got to meet some EMT's and check out an ambulance while waiting for him at this stop. When they had to turn on their sirens and leave I thought it was super neat. Mommy told me tried to explain that it really wasn't appropriate, but I still didn't get it.

Then finally Daddy met us at mile 26.

Only .2 miles to go Daddy!

Yay Daddy! You did it!

Awwwww, what a cute purple family.

Come on Daddy, you need a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment