Monday, May 4, 2009

My first Cubs game


Saturday after Mom's run we headed up to Chicago for my first Cubs game!! I took an extra long nap on Sunday morning so I could last as long as possible at the game. Here I am getting ready to go. Can you tell I'm excited?

We had some time to kill before the game, so we decided to head to one of the neighborhood parks. I got to do my favorite park activity...swinging. I know it isn't very apparent from my expression in the picture, but I love to swing.


I was not happy to get off of the swing and threw a tantrum...until I found my new favorite toy: a stick.


After a little while I was bored with the stick (it didn't play songs or speak Spanish like every other baby toy) and was ready to head out to the game. Daddy and I looked like matching superfans.

There she is...the world-famous Wrigley Field.

Come on Mom, enough pictures. Let's head to our seats.
Before the game started there was a ceremony to retire some jerseys. Dad knew who they were, but Mom and I had no clue.

Okay enough with all of the ceremonial stuff. When are we going to see some baseball?

Ahhh, finally. I was very interested in the game....for about 15 minutes.

Then I stayed busy doing other things, like feeding Daddy wagon wheels.

I lasted a whole three innings (much longer than Mom and Dad expected), and then it was time to go. Mom and Dad tried to get a picture of the three of us on the way out, but I obviously wasn't having it.

I was a very good baby the whole car ride home, and didn't whine once. All-in-all it was a great weekend!

No comments: