Friday, September 16, 2011

Snuggle Time

I never thought I would be the type of person that really enjoys having multiples. I used to be that annoying person who would say "oh, thank God that's not me" every time I spotted a double stroller. I just assumed that twins meant constant chaos, insane amounts of stress, zero sleep, and no time to actually enjoy your children. But I must admit that I was wrong for assuming (the one and only time that has ever happened in my life). I actually love being a mom to twins. I can't imagine having had just one the second time around (not as though I had the choice). And while it is a bit more chaotic and somewhat stressful at times, it's definitely more manageable than I ever imagined. I actually enjoy the challenge of trying to manage two newborns at once and sometimes am amazed at what I never knew I was capable of. There are some things I do miss with having two babies instead of one. Mostly it's the snuggle time when they curl up in a little ball on your chest and snooze away as though there is no better place in the world to be. I'm usually so busy juggling burping one baby while finishing feeding the other that I don't get the time to do this. This morning I had one of those rare windows when the girls decided that they wanted to eat one right after the other rather than together, so I took advantage.

No comments: