Sunday, August 16, 2009

State Fair


Mommy, Daddy and I went to the Indiana State Fair on Saturday afternoon. Although I went last year, I was much more into it this year. And was excited to see all of the animals from my books and Little People set in real life.


I started out small, with this mama cow (I'm sure there's a technical name for this, but Mom isn't that smart when it comes to agriculture...hiefer maybe?).
But quickly I moved to the big guys. It's not so apparent in the picture, but this guy was HUGE!

Next we moved to the draft horse barn. Are all of the animals at the fair enormous?!


Okay, no.


I really liked all of the baby animals too, but by the time we got to this building I was running too fast for Dad to get any more pics.

Of course, we had to stop for a snack, so I could taste the delicious treat that is not only glorious, but a right of passage for any native Hoosier. No silly, not chocolate covered bacon...
...a dairy bar milkshake! However, chocolate covered bacon is one of those lovely delicacies that one can only find at the Indiana State Fair. We Hoosiers are so classy.

They had an area that was just for kids like me where you had to follow a path and collect various items in a basket that you then take to the market at the end. Unfortunately, it was a bit too long for my attention span and I was out by activity #3. I would rather run around the grass.

I did enjoy the tractor ride portion of the path. Only little tikes like me were allowed.
We went to the 4H building for some fun activities (and air conditioning!). They had a giant shape sorter, on which I, of course, was an expert.
Future 4H champ? Doubtful. But if they require their heads to fit the hole in this cutout, I'm well on my way.

By the time we left, I was tuckered. This pic was taken post meltdown after having to get in my stroller. See you next year animals!

No comments: